Sunday, 22 January 2017
2017 Great Kindness Challenge at Sansome
During the week of January 23rd - 27th, students at Sansome will be taking part in the 2017 Great Kindness Challenge. Students learned about this challenge on Friday and/or this upcoming Monday in grade group assemblies.
We are a part of a global challenge that:
- involves over 9 000 000 students!
- involves over 12 000 schools!
- in 2016 recognized over 250 000 000 acts of kindness!
- occurs in over 60 countries globally!
At the end of each day, all classrooms are encouraged to access a survey on their classroom iPads. On this survey each class can check off acts of kindness that they were a part of or witnessed at Sansome School on that day. The survey will keep track of each act and calculate our accomplishments for the week.
Our school goal for the week is to reach 1000 acts of kindness!
To help us recognize this special week around the world students will encouraged to dress with "kindness" in mind.
Tuesday = Twin Day
- Plan ahead and try and dress as a twin with one or more people at our school.
Wednesday = Team Kindness Day
- Wear a sports team uniform or logo of your choice to show your part of the team.
Thursday = Tie one on for Kindness Day
- Wear a tie or wacky pair of socks to show you care about kindness.
Friday = Sansome Kids are Kind Kids, Blue and Red Day.
- Wear your Sansome clothing and/or Blue and Red colours for a whole group picture.
All week classes will be encouraged to put up posters and messages throughout the school to recognize and share our actions!